Monday, April 11, 2011

Waiting on Spring ~ and a Carrot Cake

Welcome back!  So glad you stopped back by to see what I've been up to :)
I've been putting the finishing touches on my "Let it Bloom" blocks today, working on a wreath for the front door, and baking my cakes for my cake decorating class tonight.  I have No idea what I'm going to do with all these cakes~  More on that later :)
So did you noticed this set of "Let it Bloom" blocks in one of the pictures from the other day?....  I didn't mention them because they weren't finished :)  Today, I added some cute little paper flowers to them and tied them together with some ribbon...
                         Ta Da!   I'm soooo dreaming of Spring!!!  Sooooo tired of this rain!
These blocks are so fun and easy to make.  I can see many more sets of these in the future.   As with the "spring" blocks, I just cut a 2x4 into the sizes I wanted... if you need the details just let me know :)   I used Lyrical Letters for the font again... I Love all the choices on that cart! 
 Now Just trying  to decide......  Here?                     or         Here?   :)
The flowers behind it are Cherry Blossom sprays that I picked up at M's on sale last week... Pretty Pretty!
Don't they just look so Happy and Springy!!  Love them!

So tonight is my 2nd cake decorating class!    Our "Homework" from last week was to practice making the the ButterCream icing and practicing with our star tip..... But of course... I wanted to really decorate something... so I made a Carrot Cake and wanted to put these cute little carrots on top :)
Do NOT zoom in on this picture or you'll see how the icing slipped!  LOL... that's what microwaving the frosting a tad to soften it up will do!  I just COULD NOT bring myself to frost that whole cake with Buttercream Icing!  After mixing in a cup of shortning!!!   Bllleck!!!!  so I used some that I had on hand.... yes yes I know.. it's probably just as bad, but I didn't see it, OK :)  
Not crazy about the Star border..... and it got a little smashed... but Hey!  This was my first time in many years of putting a border on a cake!   But I'm lovin' the carrots  :)
I have NO idea what we are going to do with all these cakes, though!!!   Hunny told me he's "Never been crazy about Carrot Cake"... How did I not know that after 22 year of marriage???   Cake anyone?

Here's tonights project... ready for class... :)
I'll let you know how it goes!

Thanks for stoppin' by!

Kim









No comments:

Post a Comment