Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Lets make a Mini Album!

Hello !
Well, today Spring finally visited for a few hours… it was so cold this morning, but the sky was clear and blue…. And that makes me SO HAPPY!    It was nice and warm this afternoon, that is if you were standing directly in the sunshine!  Move out of the direct sun and it was brrrrrrrr.  But it was so nice to see the sun, if only for a day….  Now it’s back to rain for a few more days.  :(  I know, I know… it keeps Oregon Green.
Today I want to share a Mini Album that I’ve started.  I’ll share the pages as I complete them, but you’ll have to bear with me...  Prom season has arrived and I will have to work the next few Saturdays, so this could take some time :)  (Then Mothers Day… then Graduation and Grad Night….. “Deep Breaths”)
 So here we go.....I’ve cut out all my “Pages”, which are envelopes from the “Sentimentals” cart.  Love , love, love this cart! Sooo many cute cuts on here!
I then made a plain a rectangle shape to fit on the inside as extra “pages”.    I cut these out of chipboard (My chipboard came from “Bug Junkie”)
I cut 6 envelope pages and 5 inserts… All my envelopes were cut with heavy, patterned card stock so I didn’t feel there was any need for chipboard in these.   I’ve cut patterned paper or CS to fit all the chipboard insert pieces, too,  but I haven’t glued anything down just yet.  I learned from experience to wait until I'm all finished with the whole page before I add glue!  :)  So let’s get decorating!! 
This is my cover…..

I cut the frame from chipboard and another piece from this pretty, sparkly paper…I THINK this frame was cut from Cindy Loo, but I’ll have to check that. 
I’m not sure what else I want to do with the cover yet, so I’m just going to leave it alone for a while. 
Here are the first inside pages.  
I cut the paisley shape from Cindy Loo out of chipboard, then another layer of CS.  I used my hot glue gun to adhere it down just along the bottom edge so it will hold this little file folder. Finished it off with little flower Bling..  :)
I added another frame from Cindy Loo to the next page… A little bit of tulle, a button and a little yellow paper flower finishes it off nicely, eh?   Simple, but cute!
This little file folder is from Tags Bags Boxes & More... isn't it  so cute?!  A brad and a piece of ribbon hold it closed.
That’s as far as I got for now…. One page at a time.....  Next up:
Oh..  and here’s the cake from last night’s class……ummmmm can we pretend that the purple stars on top are blue.. and while we’re at it can we pretend that they are little round dots and not stars.. that way they can be blue bubbles… Cuz that’s the look I was going for .
 
It’s OK… but of course I can see a LOT of room for improvement!  Definitely not ready for Cake Boss! 

Thanks for stopping by :) !!
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment