Monday, April 18, 2011

More Mini Album pages

So I was able to have my "Craft Day" this weekend after all.  I was done at the shop by 3 on Saturday!  Yayyy...   I came home and got all my housework done so I could have all day Sunday to play. 
I completed 2 more pages to my mini album and started on the next set.  They're not finished yet, so we'll save those for another post.  :)

For page 3,  I kept it pretty simple...  I love the paper so I didn't want to cover it up with a mat.  Instead I chose to make this little mini book from Fabulous Finds.(Pg 124.. The cover was cut in the "Window" function so it has that little flower cut-out, and the rest of the inside pages were cut in "Blackout")  This cart has soooo many fun things!  I plan to explore it more :)
I stamped the front cover of my little book with an older Stampin! Up stamp from my stash... then used some Stickles to sparkle it up a bit.  Gotta love Sparkles!!
I covered the inside pages with mats from my scraps.... It can be used for pictures and/or journaling... or maybe even a little autograph book?   On the album page itself, I used Hot Glue to attach the Tulle.  The little mini will now slide right under the Tulle to hold it in place.  Cute, huh?
For Page 4, I cut a photo mat for the background.  I think this was from Story Boook, but you can find this scalloped square on so many carts.   I then cut tags from Sentimental, layered them in size, and attached them together at the top with this sparkly little brad.  I love how they fan out.  Again, Journaling, photo's....so cute! and the cardstock is double sided so you have 6 surfaces to work on :)
The Photo corner in the bottom is from Picturesque cart, pg 52.  I chose to layer the flower and curl it up to add some more dimension.  I used Hot Glue again to attach just the very outside edges in an "L" shape.. the little tags fit right in that little corner pocket. 


So there we have it... Isn't it CUTE!!  I am loving it so far :)
I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but I also Glimmer Misted the pages.  I used the "Sugar Cookie" since it's all I had.... I think I need to pick up some that doesn't have the darker tone to it, but I do love how it made the pages sparkle :) 

Thanks for looking!  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think :)

'Til Next Time!
Kim :)

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I am now following your blog - came over from cricut.com.

    Deanne G
    http://deannescraftingadventures.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete