Saturday, October 12, 2013

My Halloween Tree




So, I will confess that these pictures are from last year.   But!!! since I took all the pictures with intentions of blogging about it then, I'll share it now :)   Better late than never, eh?

I had this great idea a few years ago, but like many of my "good intentions"  I never got around to it.   Finally, last year when Hubby was gone on his hunting trip, I was noodling around looking for a new project to do... and I thought, "YES!!!  Today I shall make a Halloween Tree!!"   Don't you just love it when the Universe aligns and you actually have the TIME to do something WHEN you're thinking about it?  That doesn't happen a lot for me, usually I'm thinking of a great idea when I don't have the time... and forget all about it when I do have the time.  LOL.  So this day.... the stars were in my favor!!


I started with a regular 'ol 4 ft. artificial tree. I'd had this tree for a few years and thought it would be perfect for this fun project.
   First I had to "fluff" it all up since it had been stored in a box for awhile.... then I poured myself a glass of wine, gathered up all my half empty cans of black spray paint and got to work!  

It took a LOT of pant and I had to spray pretty close to the "branches" to get good coverage.. but, as I said... I had a LOT of half empty cans of black paint.. I knew it would make Hunny super happy to get rid all those!  :)  

Some of the cans were a little "leaky" :)   Finally!!! after what seemed like 3 hours, but was more like an hour (I'm impatient like that when I want to make something!!!)   I thought it looked "good enough".  About a half hour of dry time and it was ready for some lights and decorations!  

Ta~Da!!!!!   Love, Love, Love!!!  How it turned out :)   Some Orange and Purple lights, some handmade glitter bulbs that I'd made a year or two ago, some Dollar Tree skeletons, some half price decorations and  FABULOUS tree topper I picked up at M's, and this baby was ready! Somebody hit the lights! 


Shriek!!!   Love!!!   


Happy Haunting!!!   

7 comments:

  1. Creepy cool! New follow for your page:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele! Thanks for following! I'm just getting started with my blog again after a 2 year laps, so I'm very happy to have a brand new follower!

      Delete
  2. This is so fun! I had intentions last year after Christmas to keep my 'kitchen tree' up all year, and just switch the decorations out for each holiday. Well, I made it through Valentines Day, and then took it down. lol. Love how you thought to paint it black....way to think outside the box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Halloween tree is so cute... I am just as impatient as you are, I'm not sure I would have hung in for the entire hour, lol! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog. I've become a follower of yours! Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the sweet comments, Ladies! So happy to have new followers!! :) Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I'm so glad my husband didn't see this. He thinks we should keep our Christmas tree up all year round, but just redecorate it for the other seasons/holidays (like eggs for Easter). But you sprayed yours black - very clever. Love it.

    ReplyDelete