Monday, July 4, 2011

Sparklin' up the front door


Ok... First off, I am SO excited! 5 new followers in the last 2 days!!  And  Thank You!!  to those of you who left comments about the barn door.  Loved, Loved, Loved having all those comments!  You've helped me (almost) decide that it's going by the front door.  
I'm going to set it up, decorate it and ponder it for a while :)  I don't want to commit to drilling holes in the wall to hold it up until I am ABSOLUTELY certain that is where it will stay. 
Stay tuned!!!  I am working on some decorations for it and will post very soon!  

In the meantime..... Here is a fun share :)

So, I kinda missed the boat on the 4th of July decor... but I had this idea for a fun, Patriotic door wreath and I just HAD to make it!  I figured the 4th of July comes just, well, 4 days into the month...So  I can leave this up for ALL of july, right?
I absolutely LOVE how this turned out!!  The idea for the firecrackers came from seeing all the wonderful decor ideas out there.  When I was trying to think of an idea for a door wreath, I thought it would be cute to have firecrackers on it!   Of course wooden ones would be too heavy, so I just decorated tp and paper towel rolls :)   Worked like a charm! 
I then stuffed the centers with centers with paper and hot glued it in there so I'd have something to adhere my "sparklers" to.   I used tulle, sparkly pipe cleaners and paper shred to decorate the tops. I decorated the tubes pretty simple... I may go back and add some stars... not sure.  I'll have to think about it for a while.... don't want it to look too busy. 
I Hot glued the first one onto the wreath and then Hot glued the other two on at different angles.  This worked best to actually hang the wreath as I glued them on so I could see exactly how they would be situated. 

I am so tickled with how they turned out!!!   I think I might make another set for inside to decorate the door shelf :) 
I used a tutorial I found online for the pinwheels... Love them!!  :) 

The USA stars were cut using my Cricut. Stars were from the Stamping Solutions cart and the letters were from Alphalicious. 

So there we have it...All sparkled up for JULY! 

Now I'm off to do some more decorating and cooking!
Thanks for looking today! 

Kim :)

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I am having a Red, White and Blue Linky Party and I would love for you to join in on the fun by adding your link.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2011/07/red-white-and-blue-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lindy! I would love to join your party!! I'll be right over :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw this is so creative!! I LOVE IT:) thanks for sharing :)
    http://jaysonandashley.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your wreath is so pretty - love the pinwheels and fireworks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the wreath! It is adorable.

    Thanks so much for the comment on the strawberry slippers. I really appreciate it! Check out the etsy shop in a few days as I will be listing these sweet little slippers soon!

    Tip for you-change your blogger profile to include your email address. It lets fellow bloggers reply directly to your wonderful comments! Thanks again!

    Jill of oursevendwarfs.com

    ReplyDelete